|Meeting Frequency||At least once a month.|
|Member Selection||The Board of Elders appoints the Chair and Vice Chair. The remaining members of the committee are made up of representatives from each Sunday School class, a youth leader, youth representative and the Director of Christian Education. The Director of Christian Education, the committee chair and the Pastor serve as a team in the administration of the Christian Education ministry. One Elder and one Trustee will be appointed by their respective Boards to serve on the CEC.|
|Member Terms||The Chair serves a term of two years. The Vice Chair serves a term of two years and may assume the position of Chair at the end of the two year term. Adult Sunday School, youth leaders, Senior High youth, and children’s Sunday School class representatives will serve for a term of one year. The Elder and Trustee representative will also serve for one year.||Chair*
*The chair is responsible for calling meetings, preparing the agenda and appointing subcommittees.
|The Christian Education committee is charged with providing a foundation for Christian living, fostering the spiritual growth of each individual and church family, promoting Christian education in the church and home, caring for and nurturing individual church members and the church family.|
|Roles and Responsibilities|
|1. To organize the Sunday school by departments and classes and to appoint Sunday school teachers and staff to maintain them.
2. To oversee and advise the selection and purchase of the curriculum used by the Sunday school. Classes choosing their own curriculum are asked to work through the CEC and/or the Director of Christian Education to purchase the materials.
3. To appoint directors of church education activities under its supervision: teachers, Bible School leaders, Youth Group leaders and church recreation programs.
4. To provide for the maintenance of records of activities and Sunday school enrolment.
5. To be responsible for Promotion Sunday and oversee the monthly Family Night program and Coffee Sunday.
6. Help members discern their spiritual gifts and encourage and allow them to work in the service of our Lord in a variety of ministries within our church family.
7. Coordinate with other church organizations and groups when necessary and as needed.
8. The chair of the CEC will prepare a report of the preceding year’s activities to present to the church council in February. The church’s financial secretary will provide a financial report to be included in the CEC report.
9. The chair of the CEC receives, counts and deposits offerings from Sunday school and Coffee Sunday to the church financial secretary.
10. The Christian Education Committee oversees and manages the CEC line item in the church general budget.
|Reviewed By:||Board of Elders||Date:||May 6, 2007|
|Approved By:||Board of Elders||Date:||May 6, 2007|
Reports to the Board of Elders